From Joining the Army, to the Hotel Management industry, Chef Gautam Mehrishi is one of the chef Celebrities in the Culinary world.
Chef Gautam Mehrishi Bio
Full Name: Gautam Mehrishi
Date of Birth: Unknown
Degree: A degree in the hotel management
Education Institute: IHM CT & AN Bhopal
Current Job: Corporate Chef in Sun N Sand Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai
Email ID: Click Here
Phone Number: Click Here
Family: Update Soon
Daughter: Update Soon
Chef Gautam Mehrishi Early Life
Gautam Mehrishi comes from a family who works in the Indian Army. His father was a Paratrooper and retired as a Brigadier. His mother was also in the Army.
He has a sibling who works as a doctor.
Gautam has kids as well.
Unfortunately, there are not much information about his personal or early life.
Gautam Mehrishi Education
Gautam had 3 plans for his education, the first one was to join the Army as an Army Office. He got selected in NDA, and he was supposed to go for his UPSC interviews and medical entrance. However, due to Mandal Commission, things did not work the way it was supposed to; since all trains got cancelled.
His plan B was Agriculture and Engineering, and the last plan, plan C, was the food industry.
Chef Gautam Mehrishi Career
After his graduation, Gautam joint the Taj groups. His first position was a management trainee at Taj Mahal hotel, Mumbai. However, he had to work between Mumbai and Delhi.
In Taj Group, he worked at Taj Palace, New Delhi, Taj SATS Flight Kitchen Sahar, Mumbai.
Then, he joined the Park Royal Hotel, in New Delhi, which becomes later on within Intercontinental Hotel chain.
Later, he joined the Marriott Group in Mumbai, then Claridge’s Hotel in New Delhi.
He currently works in the Sun N Sand Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai as a Corporate Chef.
Gautam & Show Hosting
The charming smile Chef Gautam Mehrishi has & his excellent communication skill with people, helped him a lot in his career and made him a celebrity chef.
With these qualities, Gautam appears and hosts many successful shows on National T.V Channels such as, Naram Garam on sahara one, Smart Srimati Ki Rasoi on DD1, Kitchen Maharishi on 9X, Kitchen Champion on colors, and Zee Khana Khazana or as known as Living Foodz.
Chef Gautam Mehrishi Awards & Achivements
Chef Gautam Mehrishi has received several rewards. He has won Bronze Medal at the Indian Culinary Forum Contest in Jul 1998 which was organized by the Delhi Tourism Development Corporation.
In Nov 2000, Gautam won a Bronze Medal and Silver Medal in the Culinary Art which was organized in Delhi.
He has received gold medals at the culinary art show organized in 2001 & 2002 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Chef Gautam Mehrishi was selected also for the Culinary Art 2001 in Colombo. He represented the Hotel Park Royal and India, and he won medals at the international level.
Chef Gautam Mehrishi Interesting Facts
- In an interview, he once said that he does not like to use the term “celebrity”, as he believes it is the food that we celebrate.
- Ingredients as well as memories of places, hotels, restaurants, colleagues or a guest whom he had interacted with, inspire him.
- He considered Taj group as the Mecca of the hotel industry.
- His mother and grandmother are the celebrity chefs for him.
- His grandmother is a source of inspiration as well, and her kitchen is a celebrity kitchen for him.
- He believes that the soul connects him with cooking.
- He is willing to give up cooking, if he would get an opportunity in the Indian army as a commando.
- By the time he graduated from the school, becoming a chef was not popular. However, when he joined the institute, 30% of the students were the children of Army employees.
- If not at kitchen, he spent his time reading, or with his kids.
- He is a part of few charity clubs.
- Every Monday & Thursday he cooks for around 200 children in Santa Cruz & Bandra schools as part of his charity works.
- He is against wasting food, water or any natural resources, and his left over is only 5% in his kitchen.
- He opened a restaurant at Marine Lines, Mumbai named ‘Vortex South’.
- The theme of his restaurant is “modern food on an old platter”.
- He is currently working with two companies in Denmark, and there is a future plan with corporation with a Canadian company.
- He has more than 9,000 Instagram followers.