As a disciple of Bhagavata Purana, which means the follower or worshipper of Vishnu, Ameranda Dasa had to travel to many cities to spread his knowledge and faith among people.
Name: Ameranda prabhu/ Ameranda Dasa
Place of Birth: Unknown
Education: Master’s in Electrical Engineering.
University: University of Massachusetts.
Spiritual Degree: Bhakti Shastri degree from Mayapur.
Wife: Update Soon
Email ID: Click Here
Amarendra Dasa Personal Life
There is not much information about his personal life that is known.
Amarendra Dasa Education
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Massachusetts.
Also, he holds a Bhakti Shastri degree from Mayapur.
Amarendra Dasa Career Life
Amarenda Prabhu or Dasa is a Krishna consciousness disciple by birth. He has grown up with a family who is a follower of this faith.
He is a diksha disciple of His Holiness Radha Govinda Dasa Goswami Maharaj, and he is very well known for his classes on the Srimad Bhagavatam.
His Holiness Radha Govinda Dasa is a senior disciple of Srila Prabhupada.
Amarenda aspires people to practice and preach, and he always goes as far as possible to ensure spreading Krishna Consciousness awareness to people and followers of his faith. He has given many lectures, lessons & recorded videos about Krishna consciousness in Universities, temple congregations, and social media as well, such as YouTube, WhatsApp, and Facebook.
He has been participating with many of student conferences and contributed in areas such as Interfaith harmony and Science & spiritual synthesis, as part of his student preaching endeavors.
Amarenda Dasa & Krishna Consciousness
It is a branch of Hinduism, that is also referred to as Hare Krishna consciousness, formally known as Gaudiya Vaishnavism.
It is called Hare Krishna because of its chant, in which devotees repeat over and over.
It was started in the 16th century by Sri Chaitanya of Bengal.
The Aim of Krishna Consciousness
The main aim of Krishna consciousness devotee is re-establishing their loving relationship with God.
What facilitates this, is the belief that they are not the body and mind, they are spirit Soul that the last everlasting. This idea is the mainstream of cultivating the relationship with God, as the ultimate relationship with God is love, not fear.
Therefore, anything a devotee of this faith does is considered an offering to God with love. This may be a work, relationship with family, friends, and any human being.
Also, the way that they live, and eat is considered an offering. As they spend their life trying not to cause any harm.
In fact, it is a way to show God that they are grateful to all what He has given them and show their love to Him.
Their prayers, practices, and offerings become, by time, naturally felt, and done.
According to Amarenda Dasa Krishna Consciousness is the highest consciousness. The reason is that practicing Krishna Consciousness reconnects us (the lost spirit Souls live in the material world, or as he describes as a funfair) to their eternal father, Krishna or God.
The practicing, prayers and chanting of Krishna Consciousness understand people’s actual needs and re-shape their relationship to God. Also, by this, people will reach true happiness.
Basics of Krishna Consciousness
The Hare Krishna Consciousness belief focuses on the soul, as they consider living beings a spirit soul.
Krishna Consciousness describes the soul as below:
The Amazing Soul- Vedic Intro: it is the belief that we are a spirit soul that has a body, not a body that has a Soul.
- The Amazing Soul- Non-Material: it means that the Soul can never be affected by any material. It cannot be cut into pieces, burnt by fire, moistened by water, nor withered by the wind.
- The Amazing Soul- Indestructible: The Soul can be destroyed by its nature. It is imperishable.
- The Amazing Soul- Spiritual Entity: it states that the body and the Soul are fundamentally different. The Soul gave up the old body and joins the new body or entity.
- The Amazing Soul- Atomic in size: The Soul is extremely minute in size.
- The Amazing Soul- Eternal and Individual: individuality is an eternal feature to all living beings.
- The Amazing Soul- Amazing: The Soul can be in the bodies of different living beings with different sizes, features, species…
- The Amazing Soul- Location: The Soul is situated in the region of the heart.
- The Amazing Soul- intuitive essential nature of the Soul is Eternal, Cognizance & Blissfulness.
Amarenda Dasa Interesting facts
- He considered His Holiness Bhakti Swarup Damondar his pillar in life, as he motivated and guided him to be a well-wisher. For this reason, he always shows his gratitude to Bhakti.
- Also, He believes that he is very fortunate to be born to a family like his, so selflessly sacrificing their personal interests for making him a devotee of the Lord.